Virginia ACNM Annual Leadership Fellowship
The Fellowship provides leadership development through a $1000.00 grant for an AMCB Certified Midwife (CNM/CM) in the first five years of practice to attend the Annual Meeting of the American College of Nurse-Midwives and serve as the Leadership Fellow on the Affiliate Executive Committee for a period of one year starting in June of each year.
- Candidates must be a member of ACNM Candidates must reside and currently practice within Virginia. For CMs who are AMCB certified and live in Virginia, current practice is not a requirement due to licensure limitations
- Applications must be submitted during the first five years of practice as a CNM/CM
- Applicants must be willing and able attend the annual ACNM meeting
- Recipients are required to participate with the VA ACNM affiliate executive leadership for 1 year following award, including but not limited to working with the membership committee and CEU event planning. This participation requirement shall cease upon the bestowing of the next Fellowship.
- Recipients must attend the Annual Meeting or shall refund awarded monies
Applications accepted starting January of each year, and can be submitted to Virginia ACNM
Marketing Grant Request
- Up to $200 per Region, per year
- Grant funds are to be utilized to support the mission of the Virginia ACNM Affiliate. Funds are not to be used to purchase materials that support individual practices and practitioners. Rather, materials are to in support of midwifery care, in general.
- Detailed purchase requests must be submitted 30 days in advance with alternative prices to ensure cost effective purchase.
- Exceptions made on a case-by-case basis, if timely approval is required.
- Reimbursement paid within 30 days of receipt of invoice.
- Reimbursable expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Educational materials that can be shared between ACNM Virginia regions (not site-specific), such as re-usable pamphlets, digital media, announcements for individual events
- Banners, table cloths
- Monogrammed “giveaways” marked with “ACNM Virginia” or other non-site-specific paraphernalia
- Enrollment fees for marketing events
- Light refreshments for sponsored events
Submit request via email to Lisa Neumann, CNM
- Please, include your region, estimated cost of supplies, whether you need to borrow the Affiliate's display board, and date of the event.
- By submitting your grant request, you are stating that you understand and abide by the intention that grant funds go towards supporting midwifery care, in general, and not individual practices/practitioners.